I rant you risten

Monday, December 27, 2004

Can you play my game?

Ok People, this is it, I’ve been cruising to my music on random and I’ve written out the lyrics to 30 tracks from the ‘pod… It’s your job to figure out the Artist and Track title: I’m sure you can cheat your way through this one, but it’s no fun like that… answers will be posted in a couple of days or next week, who knows… some of the lyrics might be off, but I’m pretty sure I’ve got ‘em all… let see how good you guys are at guessing random music…

1- Ma hip-hop will rock and shock the nation like the emancipation proclamation

2- Light me up a cigarette as I strap shoes on my feet

3- I took her home to my place, watching every move on her face

4- Everyday I thank god for roses, they’re the closest thing to perfect next to you

5- And now we meet in an abandoned studio

6- High on Diesel and Gasoline, psycho for drum-machine

7- When you’re on a holiday…

8- At night I can’t sleep, I toss and turn, candlesticks in the dark, visions of bodies being burned.

9- There must be something in the way I feel cause she don’t want me to feel

10- A man walks down the street, he says why am I soft in the middle now?

11- We live on a mountain, right at the top, this beautiful view, from the top of the mountain

12- Cause if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need…

13- Sitting here resting my bones, and this loneliness wont leave me alone

14- Everything has changed, absolutely nothing’s changed, take my hand…

15- Doing all the don’ts and never looking back is the way I ought to be

16- We gonna Dance all night to this Dj, sugar, dance all night to this dj..

17- Oh yeah you’re skin and bones

18- Coming to ya, on a dusty road, good loving, I gotta a truck load

19- I must have died and gone to heaven cause it was a quarter past eleven

20- Dark as the night cold as the ground as the circular solitude of my heart…

21- Making love in the afternoon…

22- It’s always tease tease tease, you’re happy when I’m on my knees

23- I used to go out to parties, and stand around, cause I was too nervous to really get down

24- One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain, so hit me with music, hit with music, brutalize me with music.

25- People try to put us down…

26- Very superstitious, writings on the wall…

27- Well I guess what they say is true.. I could never spend my life with a man like you

28- when I’m walking , I strut my stuff and I’m so strung out

29- So wide you can’t get around it, so low you can’t get under it

30- Last night I had a dream about you, in this dream I’m dancing right beside you…


ANSWERS HAVE BEEN POSTED IN THE COMMENTS SECTION


2 comments:

Chanad said...

I recognize alot of the songs but can't remember their names, except for:
6 - Suede, Beautiful Ones

Bahraini Rants said...

Challenge answers

1- Wu tang clan : Mystery of ChessBoxin’
2- Sublime : What I got
3- Free: All Right Now
4- Armand Van Helden : Flowerz
5- The buggles : Video killed the Radio Star
6- Suede : The beautiful ones
7- Harry Belafonte : Island in the Sun
8- The Ghetto Boys : My Mind is playing tricks on me
9- Red Hot Chili Peppers : I could have lied
10- Paul Simon : Bodyguard
11- Bjork : Hyperballad
12- Rolling Stones : You can’t always get what you want
13- Otis Redding : Sitting on the dock of the bay
14- Pearl Jam : Corduroy
15- Brother Man Dude : Frozen in a moment of peace
16- Paul Oakenfold : Starry Eyed Surprise (yeah oakie)
17- Coldplay : Yellow
18- Sam and Dave : Soul Man
19- Jamiroquai : Cosmic girl
20- Phoenix : If I ever feel better
21- Simon and Garfunkel : Cecilia
22- The Clash : Should I stay or go
23- Marvin Gaye : Got to give it up Part 1
24- Bob Marley : Trench town Rock
25- The Who : My Generation
26- Stevie Wonder : Superstitious
27- White Town : I could never be your woman
28- The Violent Femmes : Blister in the sun
29- George Clintion + P-funk : One Nation under a groove
30- Daft Punk : Digital Love

Now are you going DOH! Or more along the lines of sonofa…

Brother Man Dude is the sneakiest one I slipped in there – Remember their name, you’ll have so much more credibility when they’re blowing up the rock scene and then you can say “I’ve been telling everyone they’re the mutt’s nuts for ages…”